RI Homeowner’s Insurance
What is homeowners insurance?
Regardless of which property insurance company you choose, coverage for the home you live in will include all of the following coverage categories:
- Dwelling insurance: This covers the actual structure of your home. Depending on the policy form selected, the coverage may be “all risk” except for specific exclusions.
- Other structures: Covers other unattached structures on your property. These may include a detached garage, shed or pool.
- Personal Property Insurance: Covers the contents of your home including such items as furniture, clothing and appliances. If your policy includes “replacement cost coverage” covered losses would be settled without being subject to depreciation. Typically coverage for a list of specific named perils is provided for personal property.
- Loss of use: Provides coverage for additional living expenses as a result of a covered loss.
- Liability coverage: Covers the insured for a range of potential liability exposures including such things as when a person is injured on your property or your dog bites them.
- Medical payments: Covers the cost of medical expenses from someone who was injured on your premises but does not want to sue you.
Rates for homeowner’s insurance in RI are on the rise. In addition, the number of carriers offering coverage in the state has shrunken considerably in the past several years due to the high cost of reinsurance. For those reasons this is the time that it is absolutely essential to have an independent insurance agency like ABZ Insurance Agency with access to the right property insurance markets there to represent you. If your property is in above average condition and has been updated for the roof, electrical, plumbing and heating within the past 20 years, I urge you not to wait.
Contact us today for a free quote.
Complete the Contact Form to request a quote for:
- Homeowners Insurance
- Rental Property Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Vacant Property Insurance
Rhode Island Homes is the one of the top sites for Rhode Island Homes For Sale, including Coventry RI Homes For Sale, condos, multi families, and townhouses for sale. Rhode Island Homes also services Connecticut Real Estate and New Hampshire Real Estate.